Bring the whole family to all our events and activities!
Click on image below to increase size.
Featuring three event sites in downtown New Westminster offering FREE family activities:
Westminster Savings Family Fun Zone at the Anvil Centre
777 Columbia Street
- Head to the Westminster Savings tent for giveaways, prizes, table hockey games and a virtual graffiti art activity for the whole family!
- The Magic of Peter Rooke (12:00 pm & 2:30 pm)
- Magician Max Tell (11:00 am & 1:45 pm)
- Visit The Stage New West’s free photo booth to take a fun family photo
- Hang out in the Youth Zone
- Explore the City’s Museum and Archives
- Learn fun and cooperative games with Equita’s Play It Fair!
- Storytime with NW Public Library (11:00 am & 1:00 pm)
- Mystery Artefact Boxes
- Board Games: Then and Now Family Drop-in
- Build Your City - interactive arts activity
- Artist talk with Karen Justice about “Let Me Count the Ways” presented by Artists in the Boro (2:00 pm)
- Enjoy youth performers, clowns and much more!
Fraser River Discovery Centre
788 Quayside Drive
- Enjoy Mad Science’s entertaining and interactive demonstration on air pressure - “Up, Up, Away”
Show times: 11:30 am & 1:30 pm (limited seating)
- Participate in many fun hands-on activities including an archaeology dig, pollution model and more
- Explore the galleries and exhibits featuring “Experience the Fraser”, “Seafood for Thought”, “I Spy” and more
810 Quayside Drive
- River Critters Menu will feature kids meals from various vendors
- Live performers in the Food Hall
- Arts & crafts stations hosted by Music Box Music School, Donald’s Market, Farmer’s Market, others
- KidSport - offers financial aid for community sports programs
- Join Vancouver Circus School for a free introduction to Ariel Silk, Trampoline, and Juggling (spaces are limited, first come first serve, ages 4 and up, must be accompanied by an adult)
For more information, please contact Michelle Dean at 604-515-3827.
Parks, Culture & Recreation
Queensborough Community Centre • 920 Even Avenue 604.525.7388
9:30 - 11:30 am Enjoy an exciting morning of family friendly activities including bouncy castles, face painting and crafts! Weight Room – Get Fit as a Family! Family members 13+ years participate for the price of a single admission
Centennial Community Centre • 65 East Sixth Avenue 604.777.5100
All classes and activities are FREE!
9:20 - 10:20 am Workout Fitness class
10:30 - 11:30 am Core Fitness class
1:00 – 3:00 pm Zumba, Games in the gym, Craft activities, Yoga, Norden the Magician (sponsored by Kids New West)
Queen’s Park Arenex • First Street & Third Avenue 604.777.5121
9:30 - 11:30 am Gymnastics & Trampoline (all ages)
6:00 – 7:30 pm Gymnastics & Trampoline (all ages)
Samson V • 880 Quayside Drive • 778.773.1498
11:00 am - 3:00 pm Tour the last surviving wooden steam-powered sternwheeler.
11:30 am - 12:30 pm Come for a tour of the greenhouse and make a little moss garden to take home.
Moody Park Arena • 701 Eighth Avenue 604.525.5301
12:30 am - 2:30 pm Family Day Loonie Skate (all ages)
6:30 - 8:00 pm Family Day Loonie Skate (all ages)
Canada Games Pool • 65 East Sixth Avenue 604.526.4281
11:30 am - 1:00 pm Free Public Swim (all ages)
1:00 - 8:25 pm Regular drop-in admission - Our Fun Supervisor will organize fun water activities and Green Thunder Waterslide open during this time only.
Youth Centre • 620 Eighth Street 604.515.3775
3:00 -5:00 pm Challenge your family to a fun game of pool, foosball, bubbly hockey, or hoops in the gym. Feature game “Blast from the Past”
Get there via New Westminster SkyTrain Station or find free parking at the Front Street Parkade.