Join us on February 8 for fun, games, learning, crafts and more. Featuring three event sites in downtown New Westminster offering FREE family activities:
Eric & Julia Vallee Marketing Systems Family Fun Zone at Anvil Centre
777 Columbia Street (11:00am - 3:00pm)
- Performances by The Clown Prince of Folk – Ishdafish
- The Magic of Peter Rooke
- The Stage New West Photo Booth
- Activations by Eric & Juliana Vallee Marketing Systems
- Face Painting
- Preview of the Boulevard Gardens of New Westminster exhibition by the Garden Gals (Community Art Space)
- 3rd Floor Youth Zone with Youth entertainment in the Theatre
- Nintendo Game Zone
- Arts & Crafts Stations
- Community Group Tables with children’s activities
- Visit OTIC: Systems of Sound
- Make ear accessories with New Media Gallery
- Heritage Activities: Button making, stained glass & Irving House paper model
- Drop by the Family Day events at Anvil Center to learn more about the draft New Westminster Food Truck Policy. Visit the food trucks & take a few minutes to share your thoughts on the future of food trucks in New Westminster.
810 Quayside Drive (11:00am - 4:00pm)
- Korki The Clown Balloon Twister
- The Arts Council of New Westminster ArtsToGo Workshop!
- Face Painting
- Carnival Games and Table Hockey
- Music Box Open House with Crafts
Fraser River Discovery Centre
788 Quayside Drive (10:00am - 4:00pm)
- Interactive exhibits and fun programs for the whole family
- Discover the Fraser River through educational activities, games, crafts and more!
Queensborough Community Centre • 920 Ewen Avenue • 604.525.7388
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am Enjoy an exciting morning of family friendly activities including bouncy castles, face painting and crafts!
- 9:30 am - 12:30 pm Weight Room Get fit as a family! Free admission to the weight room (13+ years)
Centennial Community Centre • 65 East Sixth Avenue • 604.777.5100
- 9:20 am - 10:20 am Workout Fitness Class
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am Core Fitness Class
- 9:30 am - 10:25 am Cycle Fit Class
- 11:00 am - 11:55 am Cycle Class (Call 604.777.5100 on Sunday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm to reserve your bike)
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Come explore dance, yoga, Tiny Tot Playtime and art activities
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Tony Prophet Entertainer (sponsored by Kids New West)
Queen’s Park Arenex • First Street & Third Avenue • 604.777.5121
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am Gymnastics & Trampoline (all ages)
- 6:00 am - 7:30 pm Gymnastics & Trampoline (all ages) Adult participation required as you Flip, Flop & Fly!
Samson V • 880 Quayside Drive • 778.773.1498
- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Climb aboard Samson V and learn about the working river and life on a snagboat paddlewheeler. Explore the vessel with a scavenger hunt, learn to tie knots like a real sailor, and make nautical crafts.
Greenhouse in Queen’s Park • 604.777.5121
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm Come for a tour of the greenhouse and create a little garden to take home.
Moody Park Arena • 701 Eighth Avenue • 604.525.5301
- 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm Free Public Skate (all ages) Free skate rentals
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Free Public Skate (all ages) Free skate rentals
Canada Games Pool • 65 East Sixth Avenue • 604.526.4281
- 11:30 am - 5:00 pm Free Public Swim / Fitness Centre (regular admission applies after 5:00 pm)
- Green Thunder Waterslide open from 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm Family Duck races down the water slide, face painting, the mat walk and the Giant Whirpool will be just some of the activities for the day.
Century House & Youth Centre • 620 Eighth Street • 604.519.1066 (CH) or 604.515.3775 (YC)
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Join us as we showcase New Westminster’s co-located Senior Centre and Youth Centre. Challenge yourself with several intergenerational activities: All Ages Fitness Class, Cookie Decorating, Super Smash Bros Tournament, Parent vs. Kids Jeopardy, Open Gym Sports, Art Display and a variety of games.
A big thank you to our sponsors: Eric & Juliana Vallee.