As part of the launch of our new online registration and booking system, the City of New Westminster has updated its policies, procedures and operating systems for those registering for recreation and cultural programs. Here is a summary of key changes for you to be aware of:
- Refunds related to registered programs, private lessons, and rental bookings are now subject to withdrawal or cancellation fees. This policy has been implemented to keep more registration spots open and deter individuals from registering for more programs than they intend to use.
- Gift certificates and gift cards are now non-refundable; however, they are transferable.
- Time-based memberships may only be extended for eligible medical reasons and may require a doctor’s note.
- Customers will have three years to use up their Active 10 membership passes
- Customer accounts with credits below $50 may be derecognized after three-years of non-use.
For more information about any of our policy or service updates, please visit our policies page.