2019 waiver application for seniors living alone
Annual residential flat rate water, sewer and solid waste utility bills will be mailed before the beginning of March 2019.
If you have reached the age of 65 you may qualify for a waiver of 25% of your 2018 single family residential flat rate utilities if you meet all the following requirements.
- 65 years of age or over, and
- Living alone (one person only) in the single-family residence during the calendar year, and
- A registered owner of the property, either solely or with others, during the calendar year.
To receive the waiver an application form must be completed and returned to City Hall before January 31, 2019.
The 2019 waiver application form was mailed in December to residents who received the waiver last year. If you did not receive your form in the mail, one may be obtained at the following locations:
- Century House – 620 Eighth Street
- Finance Department – City Hall, 511 Royal Avenue
- Queensborough Community Centre, 920 Ewen Avenue
- Centennial Community Centr, 65 E. Sixth Avenue
If you have any questions, please call the Finance Department at 604-527-4555 or 604-527-4550.