2019 Property Tax Notices have been mailed to all registered property owners.
If you have not received your property tax notice, please contact the Property Tax Department at City Hall at 604-527-4550. It is the responsibility of the property owner to pay property taxes, by the due date in order to avoid penalty, whether or not a bill is received. Current property taxes unpaid after July 2 will be charged a 5% penalty and a second 5% penalty will be added to taxes unpaid after September 3.
City Hall office hours:
- 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, Mondays
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Tuesday to Friday (except statutory holidays)
Extended office hours:
- June 17 & June 24, 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- June 18 to July 2, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm except June 24 until 7:00 pm
Various payment options are provided:
- Mail or in person at City Hall, 511 Royal Avenue. Cash, cheques or debit cards are accepted. Online Credit Card Payments accepted (1.75% convenience fee will apply)
- 24-hour drop-box in “City Hall Mail” located at the north entrance to City Hall
- Chartered banks and most trust companies and credit unions
- Telephone or internet banking services through your financial institution
- Queensborough Community Centre, Centennial Community Centre and Century House. Please ensure that you bring your Tax Notice with you.
Regular hours of operation:
- Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Saturday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Sunday, 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 – 8:30 pm
- Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Century House
- May to June:
- Weekdays, 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Thursdays open to 9:00 pm)
- May to June:
Provincial Home Owner Grant:
Application for the Provincial Home Owner Grant may be made now, whether or not the current taxes are being paid at the same time. Please note that most financial institutions are no longer processing Home Owner Grants and the Grant can either be claimed online at www.newwestcity.ca/ehog or at City Hall.