Following the direction of provincial health authorities, New Westminster Parks and Recreation is gradually reopening select outdoor park features.
Starting May 9, 2020, the following park features will begin to reopen:
- tennis and pickleball courts
- lacrosse boxes
- skate and all-wheel parks
- artificial turf fields
- Mercer track
Park users must continue to adhere to proper precautions including:
- Keeping at least two meters (six feet) away from people from other households
- Avoiding large groups and gatherings, including no organized sports or games
- Washing hands thoroughly and frequently
- Limiting their use of the amenities at busy times
- Staying at home if ill or exhibiting symptoms
The following park features remain CLOSED:
- basketball volleyball courts
- outdoor fitness circuits
- spray parks
- Belmont Parklet
- recreation facilities and community centres
All off-leash dog areas and park washrooms are open.
Note: New enforcement measures are now in effect. Individuals caught violating closure notices can now be fined up to a maximum of $200.