The City has selected a site on Columbia Street between 8th Street and Begbie Street as the optimal location for the Anvil Centre.
Anvil Centre will be four storeys (approximately 60 feet) and will have 84,000 square feet of interior space. Anvil Centre will include the following:
- conference and meeting facilities with room for a 500-seat reception
- flexible 350-seat non-proscenium theatre
- multi-purpose rooms and multi-purpose art studios
- civic art gallery and gift shop
- City’s Museum and Archives
- Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame
- Tourism New Westminster’s visitor information desk
- Restaurant and retail
Above the civic facility will be a nine storey, 137,000 square foot office building named Merchant Square. It will offer first class office space in a highly efficient layout with floor plans ranging from 15,500 to 19,500 square feet. The project will be designed to meet LEED Gold standards for energy efficient and environmentally sustainable design.
The project is being designed as iconic structure at the gateway to New Westminster's downtown.
|Anvil Centre & Office Tower Design||COMPLETE|
|Tender Packages Awarded||COMPLETE|
|Excavation and Shoring||COMPLETE|
|Anvil Centre Structure||COMPLETE|
|Anvil Centre Envelope||COMPLETE|
|Office Tower Structure||COMPLETE|
|Office Tower Envelope||COMPLETE|
|Anvil Centre Fit-out||Spring 2014|
|Substantial Completion||Spring 2014|