Join us at the Transportation Forum, a full day of learning and sharing hosted by the City of New Westminster and sponsored by TransLink. This forum is hosted at Anvil Centre, which is right across the street from New Westminster SkyTrain Station! Leave your car at home and take transit!
Practitioner Professional Development
From 10-5, transportation practitioners in the public and private sectors are invited to enjoy a free, day-long forum featuring Robin Chase, winner of the 2017 Urban Land Institute JC Nichols prize for visionary in Urban Development.
The day's sessions will include discussions and workshops on:
- Open data 101 and Using Data in Your Community
- Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations
- Autonomous Vehicles
Robin Chase is a transportation entrepreneur. She is co-founder and former CEO of Zipcar, the largest carsharing company in the world; as well as co-founder of Veniam, a network company that moves terabytes of data between vehicles and the cloud.
Please register for the Transportation Forum here.
Then in the evening, we invite the day's attendees and the public to join the Mobility Pricing Independent Commission for an exciting panel discussion on leadership in transportation planning, moderated by City of New Westminster Mayor Jonathan Coté.
Please register for the Mobility Pricing Information and Transportation Panel here.
Speakers list for the transportation forum
Open Data 101 and Data in Your Community:
Moderated by: Teresa O'Reilly, Manager of System Analytics, TransLink
- Jacque Killawee, Acting City Clerk, City of New Westminster
- Gary Eastwood, Chief Information and Technology Officer, Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Stefanie Ratjen, Lawyer, Young Anderson
Electric Vehicles and Charging Infrastructure:
Moderated by Eve Hou, Air Quality Planner, Metro Vancouver
- Stephanie Medeiros, Head of EV Charging Infrastructure - Canada, ABB
- Brendan McEwen, Sustainability Manager, City of Richmond
- Clay Howey, Research Associate, Smart Microgrid Applied Research Team, BCIT
- Karen New, Director of Information Systems and Business Intelligence, Modo Car Coop
Autonomous Vehicles: A Fireside Chat
with Robin Chase and Andrew McCurran, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, TransLink
A reception follows from 5:30-6:30-pm.