On August 29 from 10 AM - 1 PM we'll be continuing to remove invasive plants with the amazing and dedicated volunteers from the New Westminster Environmental Partners and the City of New Westminster.
If you want to connect with nature for a couple of hours, or if you want to learn more about invasive plants and restoration, join us!
This is a family friendly event, and we have ways for people of all ages and abilities to get involved and contribute. You do not need to be a resident of New Westminster to participate. Anyone welcome!
Some items that were provided in previous years will not be provided this year. Please ensure you bring:
- Appropriate footwear (something with ankle support and closed toes)
- Sunscreen / hat / long sleeve shirt (we will be working rain or shine)
- Your own water bottle filled with your water
- Your own work gloves (if you have them)
- Your own tools if you're able (we will have ways of sanitizing tools on site)
- Your own snacks
- Your own pen or your signed waiver (see below for more information)
COVID-19 requirements will continue to follow our new check-in protocols (as we sign people in with appropriate physical distancing), so a bit of a slower start may be expected. Dedicated City staff and Group Leaders will be on site to ensure physical distancing is adhered to throughout the day.
A waiver will be required for everyone to sign and will be valid throughout 2020. Anyone under the age of 18 will need permission from a parent/guardian (second page of waiver). To speed up the check-in process, you can download, print and complete the waiver ahead of time and bring it with you.