Enjoy an evening of music in the park. Bring a blanket, chairs, family and friends and enjoy an evening of great tunes and activities. Each night will feature a food truck and family-friendly entertainment from 6:00 - 8:00 pm with a featured live musical performance starting at 7:00 pm.
- Mexican and Greek from Meet2Eat Food Truck
- Eats at the Pier Concession
6:00 - 7:00 pm:
- Jedi Training: Meet Rey Skywalker from Star Wars and learn a few tricks.
6:00 - 8:00 pm:
- Face Painting: Face painting and glitter tattoos with Michelle’s Cheeky Face Painting.
- Balloon Twisting: Take home a balloon creation.
- Caricature Drawings: Cartoon Kaitie will be on hand to draw traditional caricatures.
- Lawn Games: Corn hole, giant jenga and more.
- Concert featuring Hyaenas.
Artist Bio: Embodying the energy & ferocity of their animal namesake, Hyaenas is a new Indie Rock band breaking into the Canadian music scene. Their 6 track debut EP Little Trophy, produced by Elisa Pangsaeng (Yukon Blonde, Said the Whale) and Jesse Gander (The Pack AD, White Lung), is set for release in early 2023 with singles dropping throughout 2022. Hyaenas songs are written through a queer feminist lens - exploring themes from acceptance to vigilance; celebrating nature, self-worth, and social justice. Their sound draws inspiration from 80’s icons The Go-Go’s to modern day Indie darlings Warpaint, and synth-pop power quartet Metric.
Play the Parks: Play the Parks is a free, musically and culturally diverse concert series, spotlighting over 100 diverse artists from Black, Indigenous, Chinese, South Asian and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, and connecting Canadians throughout the summer. New Westminster is one of 13 Canadian cities chosen to host four Friday events in September. Find out more at https://www.tdmusicconnectedseries.com/ptp-calendar.
Presented by: City of New Westminster and the TD Music Connected SeriesCurated by: Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI)