The City of New Westminster Election Office is now accepting applications for the October 2018 Local Government Elections, for the following positions:
- Presiding Election Officials
- Assistant Presiding Election Officials
- Election Officials (Poll Clerks, Machine Attendants, and Greeters)
Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work a minimum of 12-hours on voting days with minimal breaks
- Ability to efficiently operate a Windows-based computer program.
Consideration will be given to people with prior election experience. Second-language knowledge will also be considered an asset.
The Election Official application form can be downloaded here.
Hardcopies are also available at the City Hall Reception Desk (511 Royal Avenue) during regular business hours.
Completed application forms can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- NEW for 2018: Complete the form online and click the "Submit by Email" button on the form to email it to:
- NEW for 2018: Take a photo of the completed application form with your phone and email it to: (Please ensure that the entire application form including your signature is captured)
- Drop off at the City Hall Reception Desk or at Legislative Services
- Scan and email it to
- Mail to: Elections Office, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9