Retroactive - Home Owner Grant
The Home owner grant may be available retroactively if you qualified last year and did not apply.
You can apply for last year’s Home owner grant retroactively if you meet the following requirements:
- You qualified for the grant on December 31st of last year
- You are the registered owner of the residence
- You paid last year’s property taxes, if last year’s property taxes have been paid
Anyone with your permission can apply on your behalf as an “Agent”.
Apply for your Retroactive Grant
Your application must be received by December 31st of the current year to claim last year’s home owner grant. To apply you need to complete a Retroactive Home Owner Grant Application. You may be required to submit additional documentation to establish your eligibility.
Notes & Resources
- You Retroactive home owner grant application must be sent to the municipal or provincial office that sent your property tax notice. You can submit your application using one of the following options:
- Mail or Courier
- In Person
- Last year, the grant amount was reduced by $5 for each $1,000 of your property’s assessed value over $1,200,000