How to Speak to Council
Community members can sign up to speak to Council at the first regular Council meeting of every month, or at a Public Hearing.
At a regular Council meeting, community members can speak about any topic.
Public Hearings are held about a specific topic, such as changes to the City’s Official Community Plan, Land Use or Zoning Bylaws.
In all cases, speakers have a maximum of five minutes to speak to Council.
Five minutes before the start of the meeting, you can join and participate in the meeting by computer, smart device, or telephone.
- Click the Meeting ID button below to watch through the Zoom program, or your web browser by choosing "Join from your browser".
Please ensure your device has a microphone and that you are in a quiet environment.
- To join by telephone: Call 778-907-2071. Enter the meeting ID: 655 9404 5919 followed by #.
Please ensure you are in a quiet environment and do not use a speakerphone.
- You will not be able to access the meeting until it is started by staff. If you are unable to connect, please try again a few minutes later;
- In the meeting, you will be able to see and hear presentations, and Council and staff speakers, but you will not be able to activate your microphone or turn on your camera;
- To ask for technical help with Zoom, click on the Q&A button in Zoom. Type in your question and staff will attempt to help you.
- The Q&A feature in Zoom should only be used for technical questions related to Zoom. For questions or comments about the topic being discussed, please raise your hand and ask to address Council.