Intergovernmental Relations staff provide the following functions for the City of New Westminster:
Advocacy, Funding and Coordination
- Provide corporate support, and leadership for intergovernmental issues and opportunities;
- Advocate for New Westminster issues with senior governments, other municipal and regional partners and key external stakeholders; and
- Secure funding opportunities and partnerships with senior governments for major capital projects.
- Facilitate relationships and partnerships with senior levels of government, First Nations, other municipalities, and key external stakeholders;
- Encourage collaborative decision-making;
- Develop policy and strategic initiatives; and
- Address intergovernmental, regional, inter-municipal and other external stakeholder priorities and issues.
Research and Analysis
- Analyze intergovernmental or inter-municipal trends and issues that are of interest to the City; and
- Review federal and provincial policy, budget, legislative and program changes as they relate to the City.
For more information contact:
Denise A. Tambellini
Intergovernmental & Community Relations Manager