Environment and Climate Advisory Committee
Chair: Councillor Tasha Henderson
Meetings: Bi-Monthly (the third Wednesday). For detailed information, please see the committee schedule.
Open to public attendance in Meeting Room G, City Hall.
Committee members may attend electronically.
Mandate: The role of the Environment and Climate Advisory Committee is to respond to questions from and advise the City’s Environment and Climate Task Force on:
- Bold actions related to corporate and community energy and emissions with the goal to have net zero emissions by 2050 and aggressive benchmark targets between now and 2050;
- The effective implementation of the Environmental Strategy and Action Plan with actions to protect and enhance biodiversity, natural areas, and the City's urban forest to improve ecological health, habitat, and community livability.
- Methods to engage the community, particularly the more vulnerable members of the community.
- Monitoring progress towards achieving the City’s environment and climate objectives.
- Any other environment or climate matter referred to the Committee by Council.
For more information regarding the mandate of the Environment and Climate Advisory Committee, please see the Terms of Reference, as adopted by Council on October 28, 2019.
2023 Committee meetings
2022 committee meetings
2021 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
|January 19, 2022||Minutes|
2020 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
2019 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Under the previous Environment Advisory Committee mandate:
|February 20||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|April 17||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|June 19||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|September 18||Agenda Package||Minutes|
Please view the Minutes Archives for Minutes prior to 2019.