Chair: Councillor Chinu Das
Meetings: Bi-Monthly (the third Wednesday). For detailed information please see the committee schedule.
Mandate: The Multiculturalism Advisory Committee will fulfil its purpose by:
- Ensuring that the City is a leader in the area of multiculturalism and race relations;
- Fostering an awareness about and understanding of the City’s multicultural population;
- Initiating and facilitating discussions around existing and emerging multicultural issues;
- Liaising with other levels of government to address multicultural issues;
- Acting as a conduit for feedback from cultural communities on civic matters affecting them;
- Encouraging and facilitating civic events that celebrate multiculturalism and social inclusion;
- Supporting groups/organizations that are developing projects to assist cultural communities;
- Identifying barriers that restrict citizen engagement in civic affairs and community life;
- Addressing concerns around discrimination and racism;
- Reviewing and providing input to Council regarding the City’s Multicultural Policy;
- Addressing multicultural items and matters as directed by Council.
For more information regarding the mandate of the Multiculturalism Advisory Committee please see the Terms of Reference.
2021 Committee Meetings
|February 17||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|April 21||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|June 16||Agenda Package|
2020 Committee Meetings
|February 19||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|April 15||No Meeting|
|June 17||No Meeting|
|September 16||No Meeting|
|November 18||No Meeting|
2019 Committee Meetings
|February 20||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|April 17||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|June 11||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|September 18||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|November 20||Agenda Package||Minutes|
Please view the Minutes Archives for Minutes prior to 2019.