Chair: Councillor Mary Trentadue
Meetings: Bi-Monthly (the first Friday). For detailed information, please see the committee schedule.
Mandate: The Economic Development Advisory Committee's role is to respond to questions from, and to advise the City’s Economic Development Task Force on collaboration with business and community partners:
- To ensure implementation and monitoring of the City's Economic Development Plan, Intelligent New West Strategy, and culture-related plans and strategies.
- To advise Council on sector-based discussion and policy development related to building a resilient local economy.
- To provide advice on new economic challenges and opportunities for the City.
- To provide input on specific opportunities and projects, as requested by Council.
- To advocate on behalf of the broader community.
- To act as community ambassadors to promote and build awareness for the City's economic development and cultural programs and opportunities.
For more information regarding the mandate of the Economic Development Advisory Committee, please see the Terms of Reference, as adopted by Council on October 28, 2019.
2020 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
|February 7||Agenda Package|
|April 3||No Meeting|
|June 5||No Meeting|
2019 Committee Meetings
Under the previous Economic Development Advisory Committee mandate:
|March 1||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|June 7||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|September 6||Agenda Package||Minutes|
|December 6||Agenda Package||Minutes|
Please view the Minutes Archives for Minutes prior to 2019.