Support for Employees and Employers
Help for wages, rent, and for mental health.
Programs that have ended have been removed from this list to make for easier reading.
- CareforCaregivers.ca - a partnership between the Canadian Mental Health Association and SafeCare BC.
- Province of BC's resource page for managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- WorkSafeBC's Information Page on COVID-19 - know your rights as a worker
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy - for employers to fill out, can provide up to 75% of wages to the employer to help keep employees working, extended until the period ending November 21, 2020
- City of New Westminster Rent Bank Program
Taxes / Expenses
- Canada Revenue Agency announced December 15 that individuals who worked from home at least 50% of the time during a four week period in 2020 are now eligible to claim home office expenses on their 2020 tax filing. Details here.