Cultural and Non-Profit Support
VENN - Virtual Education and Networking Nights is a new City program designed to offer information and best practices to non-profits through a free bi-monthly virtual educational series. Recordings of the sessions are listed below.
- November 25 - Grant Writing with Chelsea McPeake Carlson
- January 20 - Goal Setting with Tracy Eyssens
- March 24 - Hosting Great Events Online with Jeremy Perry
(Details coming soon)
- May 2021: Communicating your Value
- July 2021: Newsletters Best Practices
The cultural and non-profit sectors face unique challenges during COVID-19. Here are some resources to help, but make sure you also check out the other sections as they may also be applicable. Programs that have ended have been removed from this list to make for easier reading.
- New! Educational Bursary Support Program - offered seats at Vantage Point's best practice educational programs to New Westminster non-profits. Info, application, and course info is located here.
- BC Arts Council Project Assistance: Pivot for Individuals - up to $12,000 is available to professional artists to assist them. Application deadline is February 16.
- The Vancouver, Coast & Mountains Tourism Resiliency Program provides support to all areas of the region including the Greater Vancouver area
- Culture Online - resources and education for cultural programmers
- Showcase BC - live streaming events
- The Vantage Point list of resources
- BC Arts Council COVID-19 response
- BC Alliance for the Arts resource page
- Canadian Heritage’s FAQs (Also In French)
- Canada Council for the Arts’ FAQs (Also in French)