Operating Under COVID-19
In this section, we're adding various resources to help your business stay open. Check back for updates.
Employers will be required to review the new Health and Safety Guidelines, best practices and other resources from WorkSafeBC and adapt these materials into appropriate COVID-19 Safe Plans for their workplace. Check out this COVID-19 Safety Plan Template.
Sectors that have operated during the pandemic may need to update their COVID-19 Safety Plans to fit with updated Health and Safety Guidelines, best practices, and resources.
Businesses should go to the WorkSafe BC website to review guidelines for safely operating both generally and on a sectoral basis.
- Province Wide Restrictions
- A list of all current Public Health Orders (PHO)
- Guidelines from Fraser Health: Personal Services and Restaurants/Cafes/Pubs.
- Guidelines from the City of New Westminster on the installation of COVID-19 barriers
- The BC Economic Development Assocation has a re-opening plan template. (Link will open a Word file)
- We recommend building owners that have been closed please review the Canadian Water and Wastewater Guidelines for Safely Re-Opening
ENFORCEMENT FOR RE-OPENING
Neither WorkSafe BC, nor the City of New Westminster, will be reviewing individual businesses’ plans to re-open. It is the responsibility of the business to ensure it is following all of the guidelines necessary when they re-open. City of New Westminster COVID-19 Compliance Officers will continue to respond to complaints or concerns from the public and will contact/visit the business in question to ensure education and enforcement.