Did you know New Westminster swimming lesson curriculum is unique? Over 45 years, thousands of people have been taught to swim with ease.
About the Curriculum:
The step by step progressions teach:
- Strong rotational skill to learn to get in and out of breathing position.
- How to find balance in the water to produce less struggle.
- Practice techniques to create strong muscle memory.
About Breaking Waves:
The Breaking Waves Swim Program teaches children to progressively and successfully learn to swim. Customer feedback, years of staff experience, and current information around the science of swimming are build into the program.
Students experience success through progressive skill development in a positive and supportive learning environment. The program
- Creates a beneficial learning environment. Lessons run at times with limited competing programs.
- Invest in our instructors. Knowing that a program is only as strong as the deliver, instructor's receive professional development throughout their career with us.
About Instructional Supervisors:
There is always an Instructional Supervisor available to assist parents or students in any way needed. They provide:
- Customer Service
- Develop staff skills and knowledge
- Ensure program consistency.
- Lesson participants can only register for one lesson set at a time. This ensures customers meet all level prerequisites and have the best possible experience.
- Not sure what level to register into next? You can conveniently check your online account by going to My Profile > My Info > Activity Outcomes. This grade determines what level is next. Grades are viewable the morning of Registration Day. Registration opens at 8:30 am.
- Late registrations: Participants must be registered by the third class.
Unsure of swim level?
Free swim evaluations are offered during any of our Public Swim times. One of our lifeguards will be happy to do an assessment of your child which takes approximately 5 minutes.
Upon completion of the assessment you will receive a piece of paper with the assessed level which you must bring to the front desk to register.
Moving from Tots to Preschool age, or Preschool to School age lessons? Here's our transfer chart.
Do you know we also offer private lessons? Private lessons are a great way for students to get extra assistance on a specific skill.