Welcome to the Making Waves Swim Program! Did you know that our swimming lesson curriculum is unique? In our over 45 years we have taught thousands of people to swim with ease.
The Making Waves Swim Program was specifically created for our customers to teach children to progressively and successfully learn to swim. We included customer feedback, years of staff experience, and current information around the science of swimming into our program.
About Making Waves:
The goal of our program is to allow students to experience success through progressive skill development in a positive and supportive learning environment. To do this we:
- Assess our program's completion rates. We develop our program to continuously to respond to any issues.
- Createa beneficial learning environment. Our lessons run at times with limited competing programs.
- Invest in our instructors. Knowing that a program is only as strong as the deliver, our instructor's receive professional development throughout their career with us.
About our Curriculum:
What makes us unique? Our teaching techniques are based on step by step progressions that have been proven to work. We teach:
- Strong rotational skill to learn to get in and out of breathing position.
- How to find balance in the water to produce less struggle.
- Perfect practice to create strong muscle memory.
About our Instructional Supervisors:
There is always an Instructional Supervisor available to assist parents or students in any way needed. Their job is to provide:
- Customer Service
- Develop staff skills and knowledge
- Ensure program consistency.
Please be aware of the following guidelines:
- Swim lesson participants can only register for one lesson set at a time. This is to ensure customers meet all level prerequisites and have the best possible experience.
- Not sure what level to register into next? You can conveniently check grades onlin in "Logs" in your client record. This grade determines what level is next. Grades are viewable the morning of Registration Day. Registration opens at 8:30 am.
- Late registrations: Participants must be registered by the third class.
First time registering or unsure of swim level?
Parents, if you are unsure of the level of your child or registering with us for the first time, we offer free swim evaluations during any of our Public Swim times. One of our lifeguards will be happy to do an assessment of your child which takes approximately 5 minutes.
Upon completion of the assessment you will receive a piece of paper with the assessed level which you must bring to the front desk to register.
Do you know we also offer private lessons? Private lessons are a great way for students to get extra assistance on a specific skill.
Ready to register? Give us a call, 604.526.4281, or Register Online.