Public and Stakeholder Consultation
Council has directed staff to begin preparation of a regulatory framework for Cannabis in New Westminster and the City wants to get your feedback the proposed regulatory framework proposed. This framework would include areas under municipal jurisdiction including regulations for retail sale, production, and public consumption of cannabis in the City.
Public and stakeholder consultation regarding the proposed regulatory framework for cannabis has now begun and will continue through June 2018.
New Survey Open!
We now have a survey for you to provide feedback on the proposed regulatory framework for cannabis in the City. The feedback provided will be used by staff to guide the recommendations coming forward to Council in the coming months. The survey will be open until June 24, 2018.
Open House and Townhall Meeting: June 18, 2018
An open house meeting with Council will be held regarding the proposed regulatory framework for cannabis. You will have the opportunity to talk to staff and provide feedback to Council. This event will be held on the evening of Monday, June 18, 2018, at City Hall. More details on this event will come soon, so stay tuned!
- BC Liquor Distribution Branch Updates
- Government of British Columbia - BC's Approach to Cannabis Regulation
- Government of Canada - Legalization and Regulation of Cannabis
- Council Jan. 29, 2018 - Cannabis Workshop: Implementation of Cannabis Legislation
- Council Feb. 19, 2018: Interim Amendment Bylaw
- June 18, 2018: Open House Boards