The City of New Westminster heard a desire from dog owners for an all dog off-leash area to supplement the small dog off-leash area planned for Port Royal Park. While the capital budget for 2019 only allows for the construction of an off-leash area for small dogs, we have put construction on hold while we review opportunities for off-leash locations that may allow for an all dog extension in the future.
We are seeking advice from local residents (both dog owners and those who do not own dogs), groups who use the Port Royal Park, and those who just like to walk or sit and relax in the park and South Dyke Trail. Your feedback will help shape the future direction of this off-leash dog area.
Things to know:
- The off-leash area will be fenced.
- "Small dogs" are defined as dogs weighing less than 25 pounds.
- Dog owners are responsible for determining the suitability of their dog for the small dog off-leash area.
- Decisions regarding a permanent off-leash area for small dogs will be made at the conclusion of the trial period.
- This survey will be open through October 11, 2019.
Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey. All responses will remain anonymous and confidential.