Applications have been submitted for a residential high-rise of 32-34 storeys at 51 Elliot Street. The application includes approximately 253 strata residential units and an overall density of 6.68 Floor Space Ratio (FSR). The application proposes to provide amenities, including non-market rental housing (up to 28 units, depending on operator and unit sizes) and a not-for-profit child care facility (12 infant toddler and 25 three to five year old spaces), in close proximity to parks, schools and transit.
For more detailed drawings, view the reports available under Development Process, below.
There are multiple opportunities for the public to provide feedback through the application review process. The process typically includes applicant-led consultation, review by City committees and City-led consultation. The review process is iterative and revisions are considered, based on consultation feedback, throughout the process.
There are no scheduled consultation opportunities yet. More information will be posted here when it is available and notice will be provided as per the Interim Development Review Process.
- Pre-Application Review (Completed) (PAR01291)
- Rezoning (REZ00187)
- Development Permit (DP000792)
To learn more about the different kinds of development applications, please click here.
- January 14, 2019: Land Use and Planning Committee Pre-Application Review Report
- August 26, 2019: Land Use and Planning Committee Preliminary Report
- September 9, 2019: Land Use and Planning Committee to Council Preliminary Report
- June 23, 2020: Presentation to New Westminster Design Panel
- June 23 – July 10, 2020: Applicant-led Consultation
- Upcoming: City-Led Consultation
- Upcoming: Council Consideration of Approval
This application is being reviewed using an interim development review process during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to learn more.
Last updated: May 29, 2020