What You Can Do
If you are not working as an essential service provider or front line response worker, please stay home. If you must leave your home, practice proper social distancing by avoiding crowds and staying 2 metres away from other people.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
If you think you may have symptoms of coronavirus, call 8-1-1 for an assessment. The Public Health Agency of Canada has created a toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) to answer questions from Canadians about novel coronavirus.
Visit the health agency websites listed below for accurate and up-to-date information. They also offer the information translated into other languages. please visit the following websites: