What type of permit do I need?

The City of New Westminster has three different types of tree permit applications. See below to identify which one you will require and download all supporting documents.

  • Critical Root Zone Work Authorization (CRZWA) - previously known as a protection permit is required for any construction activities occurring within the critical root zone (CRZ) of a protected tree. CRZ is determined by DBH x 6 + 4m.
  • Removal permit is required to remove any protected tree on private or city owned and occupied property.
  • No Tree Declaration is for properties without any protected trees on or off-site, interior renovations, drain tile, oil tank removal and service upgrades.

  • 604-636-4318

    Boulevard Tree Maintenance Requests