DUE DATE: FRIDAY– May 5, 2017
2017 Annual Residential Water, Sewer and Solid Waste bills have been mailed out during the second week of March.
If you have not received your Residential Water, Sewer and Solid Waste bill please contact the Taxes and Utilities Department at City Hall at 604-527-4550 or 604-527-4555. New owners of single detached dwellings who have not received their bill are advised to contact the Taxes and Utilities Department.
Accounts paid in full on or before May 5, 2017 are eligible for a 5% prompt payment discount. Accounts unpaid after May 5, 2017 are not eligible for the 5% discount and may be subject to transfer to property taxes if still unpaid at December 31, 2017.
Various payment options are provided for your convenience:
- By mail or in person at City Hall, 511 Royal Avenue, V3L 1H9
- Cheques post-dated to the May 5th discount date are welcome
- After-hours payment into “City Hall Mail” located at the north entrance to City Hall
- At any chartered bank and most trust companies and credit unions
- By tele-banking or internet-banking service through your financial institution
- At automated banking machines
- Queensborough Community Centre, 920 Ewen Ave. 604-525-7388
- Centennial Community Centre, 65 E Sixth Ave 604-777-5100
- Century House, 620 Eighth St. 604-519-1066
Credit cards are NOT accepted for the payment of Utility bills
Seniors Living Alone: If you have received your bill, you may qualify for a waiver of 25% of the flat rate charges if you meet ALL of the following requirements:
- 65 years of age or over, and
- Living alone (one person only) in the single family residence, and
- A registered owner of the property.
If you meet all of the above requirements and your flat rate utility bill does not already include a reduction described as “Senior Waiver” please call the Taxes and Utilities Department for assistance.
For further information, call the Taxes and Utilities Department at City Hall at 604-527-4550 or 604-527-4555.