- TransLink will be making improvements to the BC Parkways
- When the City of New Westminster decided to commission a sculpture based on Vancouver Province photographer Claude P. Dettloff’s famous 1940s picture, Wait for Me Daddy, they felt strongly that this iconic photograph should be memorialized where the photo was captured.
- Front Street will be closed to all traffic on Oct 1st & 2nd from 6:30am - 7pm. All traffic will be detoured onto Columbia street & Royal avenue.
- The exhibition addresses the phenomenon of New Westminster’s post-colonial urban development in relation to both the fleeting ‘Fraser Valley Gold Rush’ (1858) and perpetually changing ‘Chinatown in Motion’.
- Wait for Me Daddy War Memorial Sculpture unveiling is drawing local, national and international attentionPeople from far and wide are coming to witness and celebrate the unveiling of the Wait for Me Daddy War Memorial sculpture on October 4th at Hyack Square.
- A new sanitary sewer main will be installed along E Columbia st & Front st in front of Victoria Hill development starting September 29th.
- To view the live stream of the event, please click here. The stream will not begin until October 2nd at 8:30 am.
- Wait for Me Daddy War Memorial UnveilingTo view the live stream of the event, please click here. This link will not be active until October 4th at 11:00 am.
The City of New Westminster 2014 General Local Election will be held on Saturday, November 15, 2014.
- The revised Official Community Plan will provide a renewed vision for New Westminster to the year 2041.