Building Permit Fees
- Minimum fee $142
- $13.60 for each $1,000 of work or portion thereof up to $50,000
- $10.90 for each $1,000 of value between $50,000.01 to $150,000
- $8.80 for each $1,000 of work above $150,000
Building Permit Application Fee
- Building permit application fee for all applications will be 50% of the building permit fee (minimum fee $142.00).
- This application fee will be deducted from the permit fee to be paid at the time of permit issuance.
Demolition Permit Fees
- Demolition permit fee for ancillary structures (e.g. garages, sheds, etc.) is $142.00
- Demolition permit fee for other structures $1,240.00
Moving a Building or Structure
- Every application to move a building shall be accompanied by the applicable building permit fees (including the plan processing fee) and a security deposit in a form acceptable to the City in the amount prescribed in the table below.
- For buildings with one storey: $11,095.00
- For buildings with two storeys: $16,650.20
- For buildings with three or more storeys: $22,205.75
- In every case where, due to non-compliance with the provisions of the Building Bylaw or to unsatisfactory workmanship, more than two inspection is necessary, then the fee for each inspection after the second re-inspection shall be $142.00 (plus tax) for the third, $284.00 (plus tax) for the fourth, $426.00 (plus tax) for the fifth inspection and $557.00 (plus tax) for each subsequent inspection.
Extension of Building Permit
- A one-time extension of the validity of a building permit is permissible under Subsection 10(7) of the bylaw for a fee of $142.00
Transfer of Building Permit
- A building permit may be transferred to another holder in accordance with Subsection 10(8) of the bylaw subject to a fee of $142.00
- Fee for the preparation of a comfort letter $421.00 (includes responses from the Planning, Fire, Licensing and Building Departments).
- Fee where a response is requested from the Planning, Licensing, and Building Departments but not the Fire Department is $321.00.
- Fee where a response is requested from the Building Department only $142.00
Alternate Solution Review
- For the first and second alternative solution proposed, a fee of $510.00 (plus tax) shall be payable with submission of the information and documentation. An additional fee of $226.00 (plus tax) is payable with every additional alternative solution.
- Amendment to an original report after review is subject to a fee of $142.00 plus tax.
Obtaining Archived Drawings
- $50.00 viewing fee plus $1.50 per page. All fees are subject to applicable taxes.
Special Inspections are for inspection of work linked or not linked to an issued permit.
- Special inspection during normal working hours: A fee based on City costs per hour (min. 1 hour) shall be paid;
- Special inspection outside normal working hours: Monday to Friday:
- First 2 hours – a fee based on 1-1/2 times the City hourly rate
- Each additional hour – a fee based on double the City hourly rate
- Weekends – a fee based on double the City hourly rate (min. 4 hours) plus a ½ hour meal break
Revisions to Issued Building Permit Drawings
- Fee calculated based on time spent by staff $142.00 per hour (minimum 1 hour).
Address Change Fee
- A fee of $612.00 shall be paid where an address change based on personal preference is requested.