The fees and rates listed below are for reference only. Please refer to the Development Services Fees and Rates Bylaw No. 7683, 2014 for current fees.
Building Permit Fees
- Minimum fee $145.00
- $13.90 for each $1,000 of work or portion thereof up to $50,000
- $12.40 for each $1,000 of value between $50,000.01 to $150,000
- $9.75 for each $1,000 of work above $150,000
Building Permit Application Fee
- Building permit application fee for all applications will be 50% of the building permit fee (minimum fee $145.00).
- This application fee will be deducted from the permit fee to be paid at the time of permit issuance.
Demolition Permit Fees
- Demolition permit fee for ancillary structures (e.g. garages, sheds, etc.) is $145.00
- Demolition permit fee for other structures $1,265.00
- In every case where, due to non-compliance with the provisions of the Building Bylaw or to unsatisfactory workmanship, more than two inspections are necessary, then the fee for each inspection after the second re-inspection shall be $145.00 (plus tax) for the third, $290.00 (plus tax) for the fourth, $435.00 (plus tax) for the fifth inspection and $580.00 (plus tax) for each subsequent inspection.
Extension of Building Permit
- A one-time extension of the validity of a building permit is permissible under Subsection 10(7) of the bylaw for a fee of $145.00
Transfer of Building Permit
- A building permit may be transferred to another holder in accordance with Subsection 10(8) of the bylaw subject to a fee of $145.00
- Fee for the preparation of a comfort letter $321.00 (includes responses from the Planning, Fire, Licensing and Building Departments).
- Fee where a response is requested from the Planning, Licensing, and Building Departments but not the Fire Department is $321.00.
- Fee where a response is requested from the Building Department only $145.00
Alternate Solution Review
- For the first and second alternative solution proposed, a fee of $520.00 (plus tax) shall be payable with submission of the information and documentation. An additional fee of $230.00 (plus tax) is payable with every additional alternative solution.
- Amendment to an original report after review is subject to a fee of $145.00 plus tax.
Obtaining Archived Drawings
- $50.00 administration fee plus $1.50 per page copy fee. All fees are subject to applicable taxes.
Occupancy Load Review (where there is not current building permit)
- A fee of $145.00 shall be paid prior to the review.
Revisions to Issued Building Permit Drawings
- Fee calculated based on time spent by staff $145.00 per hour (minimum 1 hour).