Hosting an Event


Would you like to offer an event that will celebrate our city and connect the community? Are you looking for a space to host a private function for your own celebration or gathering? The City of New Westminster can help with the safety and success of your event.

Find our guide for planning an event in New West at the link below:

New Westminster Event Planning Guide

Please contact the Special Events Office at  or 604-636-4488 if you have any questions. 

Outdoor Event Space

If you are interested in hosting an outdoor event or gathering on City property, please complete the online request form below or contact  to discuss your circumstances.  The completed space request form below must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the start date of the event or gathering.

Outdoor Event Space Request Form

Large Events
For large events, that require multi-departmental or multi-jurisdictional approvals more notice may be required.  Please contact for more information on the application process.

Picnic Shelters
To book a picnic shelter, please complete the Outdoor Event Space Request Form. We are currently accepting bookings for the following picnic shelters: Queen’s Park, Hume Park, Ryall Park, Port Royal Park and Old School House Park. To learn more visit

Rose Garden
To book the Rose Garden, please contact 604-777-5111 or .



Conference Services Event Inquiries:

Community Event Booking Inquiries: 
Museum & Heritage:
Rupinder Malhi, Cultural Facility Clerk

Arts Services:
Jacqueline Receveur, Arts Programmer

Theatre Services Booking Inquiries:  
Minna Nikula, Theatre Booking Coordinator


Rental space is also available at Queensborough Community Centre and the Centennial Lodge.  Please contact the facilities directly for more information on space rentals.

block parties

Information about block parties can be at

Gatherings on Private Property

Anyone that is hosting an event on private property should comply with the current requirements from the Province and Local Health Authority.

Any for-profit venture requires a business licence whether on private or public property. You can reach Business Licensing at:  or 604-527-4565.

For a private event on private property, compliance with all municipal, provincial, and federal regulations and statutes is expected.

For any outdoor noise (such as a concert) it cannot negatively impact the peace, quiet, enjoyment, convenience of anyone in the vicinity. Enforcement action would be against the property owner or host as they are responsible for the property.

The City recommends that hosts:

  • Obtain proper licenses required for the event such as liquor permits or street use permits
  • Comply with municipal, provincial, and federal regulations and statutes
  • Check with your insurance provider for any specific requirements and/or exclusions related to the proposed activity
  • If food is served, compliance with Fraser Health must be met.
  • Avoid amplification of music if possible. If the music could impact neighbours in any way, send a notification in advance to any affected neighbours advising of the date and time.
  • Exterior music must stop at 10pm