|No persons shall occupy or use any building or structure unless an accepted FINAL inspection has been conducted by a Building Official.|
OPERATIONAL NOTICES :
COLD WEATHER CONCRETE POURS
When the air temperature is below 5° C, special considerations for concrete pours must be given. Poured concrete must be maintained at a temperature of 10° C for a period of at least 72 hours. Contractors and Builders will be asked how they will maintain this temperature for the set period of time, a Field Review prior to Forms Inspection from a Professional Engineer may be required. If City Staff deem the heating plan to be unsatisfactory, the Forms Inspection will not be conducted until after temperatures increase above 5° C.
Scheduling an Inspection - 24 HOUR Online Booking Requests
To schedule a Building or Plumbing Inspection, please book through the MyCity Portal, using the Permit Folder Number and Access Code to access your permit. You will need to create a MyCity account should you not already have one.
If you require assistance, please refer to our E-Inspection Brochure for instructions.
Required documents must be submitted to the Building Division by 2:00 pm one day prior to the inspection date.
Any omitted information may result in an inspection not being scheduled and delay in construction.
ONLINE INSPECTION BOOKING FAQs
Why can’t I log in to my MyCity account?
- Did you verify your account using the verification code that was sent to your email? If not, try registering the account again and enter the verification code.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it on the login page below the “LOGIN” button.
How do I find out my Permit Number and/or Access Code?
- You can find this information near the top of each permit
Why isn’t my permit showing up on my MyCity account?
- Each individual permit (ie. Building, Plumbing, Services, Sprinkler, Hydronic Heating) needs to be registered to your account
Why is more than one inspection of each type listed? Do I need to schedule them all? Which inspections do I need to book?
- We have added extra inspections in case you need to rebook. No, you do not need to schedule all of them.
- Only schedule the required inspections. For building permits, these will be noted on your checklist.
How can more than one person schedule inspections for my permit?
- Each person will need to create their own MyCity account and register each permit to their account
How can I check if my inspection has been scheduled?
- The status of the inspection will change from “NOT STARTED” to “SCHEDULED”
Why is the date that I want to schedule not available for booking?
- If it is after 2 PM on the business day prior to the inspection, you will need to select the following day
- We do not schedule inspections on Statutory Holidays
Why am I unable to book a time for my inspection?
- Due to variations in project and inspection types, we are unable to guarantee inspection times. For any requests, ie. AM or PM, please enter this in the Notes field. Please note that this is not guaranteed.
Why did I not receive an email or phone call confirming my inspection booking?- We do not confirm inspection requests. If you would like verification that your inspection is scheduled, check that the status has been updated from “Not Started” to “Scheduled”
- Inspections must be requested by the owner or agent
- All work being inspected must be complete and ready prior to inspection
- Work must not proceed past any of the required inspections listed without prior authorization
- The street address and Building Permit card must be posted in a visible location on site
- The approved Building Permit drawings and all prior inspection notices must be on site for all inspections