Neighbourhood Transportation Plans
Neighbourhood Transportation and Traffic Calming Plans
Since late 2016, staff have been working on a number comprehensive neighbourhood transportation plans that incorporate traffic calming measures. This work is intended to update existing plans to better meet the current issues and pressures within each neighbourhood, as well as identify improvements for all modes of travel (walking, cycling, taking transit, vehicle movement) to address issues of safety, livability and connectivity within the community. As each of these plans is updated, the revised documents will be available.
The creation of Neighbourhood Transportation Plans uses a multi-phase engagement and consultation process that involves input and review by residents, businesses and organizations within the community.
Recently Completed Neighbourhood Transportation Plans
To view each of the plans, click on the links below.
- Brow of the Hill Traffic Calming (2010)
- Connaught Heights Traffic Calming (2018)
- Downtown Transportation Plan (2020)
- Queen's Park Traffic Calming (2019)
- Queensborough Traffic Calming (2009)
- Sapperton & Massey-Victory Heights Transportation Plan (2018)
- Sapperton & Massey-Victory Heights Transportation Plan - Summary Report (2018)
Implementing the Plans
Improvement and measures identified within each of the plans are neighbourhood-wide or site-specific, and implemented through a variety of methods including:
- Local Area Service improvements
- City-wide capital and operating budgets for maintenance/replacement
- City-led projects using grants and other funding opportunities
- Future development
Full implementation timelines within each plan is dependent on a number of factors including capital plan allocation, size and scale of developments in the neighbourhood, and prioritization with other neighbourhood improvements identified throughout the city.
A number of parking studies and strategies have been completed to guide long term planning and management of parking within the city. These studies and strategies work in tandem with or incorporated into the relevant neighbourhood transportation plans identified above.