Business Licence Application Forms

Type of Business


Resident Business

Businesses at a commercial location

Application Form

Non-Resident Business

Contractors from different municipalities doing business within New Westminster

Application Form

Home Based Businesses

Businesses operating from home

Application Form

Home based businesses that are planning to sell prepared food at farmers markets must also get Fraser Health approval and follow their guidelines.

Inter-municipal Business Licence (IMBL)

Trades contractors, or other professionals related to the construction industry, are eligible for a licence to work in more than one municipality.

IMBL Application Form

Rental Unit

Anyone owning residential property with the intent of renting out three or more units or suites requires a business licence

Application Form

Food Trucks

Annual or special event licence for food trucks.

The Food Truck Guide provides information about operating and participating in special events.

The following documents are required to make an application:

The Mobile Food Vending Licence Bylaw provides the basis for the food truck program.

Street Vending

The Street Vending Guide provides information about selling goods at specific locations

Application Form

Vending Machines

Different types of vending machines placed in specific locations

Application Form

Child Care Facility

Anyone who wishes to run a child care facility in New Westminster

Application Form

For more information on Child Care in New Westminster, visit the Child Care & Child Development webpage


  • Business License Office
    T 604-527-4565