Council Meeting Agendas, Reports, Minutes and Video
The City of New Westminster has a streaming video service that delivers live streams and archived recordings of Council Meetings. Open Council Workshops, Regular Meetings, Public Hearings and some Special Meetings are available to view, as well as archived Committee of the Whole Meetings. Live streaming is available while the meeting is in progress (see the 2021 Schedule of Regular Council Meetings).
COUNCIL MEETINGS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Per the Provincial Health Order, all Council meetings are being held virtually.
To register to speak at Open Delegations (through computer, smart device or phone), fill out an online form, starting six (6) days before the meeting. Requests to speak must be received by noon on the day of the meeting.
Speak to Council (available the first meeting of the month, unless there is a Public Hearing): https://speakers.newwestcity.ca
PLEASE NOTE: Open Delegations regarding land use bylaws (e.g. OCP amendment, rezoning, etc) are not permitted after the bylaw has received second reading, unless it has been either adopted or defeated.
Click here for a list of bylaws currently in this category.
Click here for updates on the City's response to COVID-19.
To stay informed about Council Meetings:
Read Council agenda packages and watch live and archived Council videos below.
City of New Westminster
511 Royal Avenue
New Westminster, BC V3L 1H9
Written correspondence becomes a public document once received by the City.
There are two ways to view a live Council meeting. Please choose one method of watching only.
Using Chrome, Edge, Safari, or Firefox:
- Click on the "in progress" link that will appear in Upcoming Events below.
- Choosing this method will enable you to see the meeting agenda at the same time as watching the meeting.
- There is a delay on the video of up to one minute.
- Click this button to watch through the Zoom Program or your web browser by choosing "Join from your browser
- Watching through Zoom will provide a clearer picture on the video and a shorter delay;
- Zoom will require you to input your name and an email address to watch. Your name will be displayed to Council, staff and any external presenters but not to the public.
- You will be able to see and hear the Council meeting, but you will not be able to speak.
Speakers (public delegations) are heard at the first Council meeting each month. For more information on speaking to Council, please see the How to Address Council page.
COMMITTEE & BOARD Meetings
To watch or listen to Committee or Board meetings, click the "In Progress" link for the meeting in Upcoming Events below. Please note, a presentation is shown instead of a video.
Please note that each Agenda package is one long document. To print an individual report, make note of the start and finish pages of that report and print only that section. For assistance please call the Legislative Services Department at 604-527-4523.