Access fitness activities every day of the week!
Visit one of our community fitness centres, join a group fitness class, challenge yourself at one of our free outdoor circuits, or participate at home with an online fitness video!
Please check back for updates or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram @newwestrec
Enjoy a wide range of indoor and outdoor fitness classes, with highly skilled, certified instructors every day of the week!
- Please arrive 5-15 minutes prior to class start time.
- Please come dressed. Changerooms are limited.
- Reservation is required.
Reservation is open:
3 days in advance to New Westminster residents
2 days in advance for everyone
Can't make your time?
We understand you cannot always use your Reserved Drop-in purchase. If this happens, please let us know! It could mean that someone else on a waitlist can participate. Call us 604.777.5100.
Participant cancellations must be made with 24 hours’ notice to qualify for a refund. See more policy details.
We offer a variety of registered classes including Yoga and Meditation throughout the year. These classes usually span the course of a season.
Enjoy a wide range of cardio, strength, and stretching equipment at one of our fitness centres. Our highly trained fitness advisors will provide the expertise, guidance and motivation you need to get started and to keep going!
Centennial Community Centre Fitness Centre
Our knowledgeable fitness advisors can help you set and meet goals, give you exercise and fitness tips and help you get the most out of your workouts at Centennial and Queensborough Fitness Centres.
This schedule is subject to change. Please visit newwestcity.ca/dropin for our up-to-date online schedule.
The Indoor Cycling room at Centennial Community Centre is complete with 23 Keiser bikes, a robust quality sound system and specialized lighting.
- Reserve online or call 604.777.5100.
- Reservation opens at 8:30 am, 3 days in advance for New Westminster residents, and 2 days in advance for everyone.
- Reservation is recommend as bikes are limited.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early. No class admittance once the class has started.
- New participants should arrive 10-15 minutes early for bike set up and use assistance.
- Cancellation requires 24 hour notice.
- No-shows will be tracked and failure to cancel may result in revoked privileges.
These procedures are subject to change.
Distance Time Level Queen's Park Art Walk (PDF), by Stephan O'Shea 1.5 km 20 min Easy- uneven terrain Queen's Park Neighbourhood, Then & Now, by Deanna Tan 1.5 km 30 min Easy - flat surfaces Mayor Cote's Favorite Walk 5.6 km 60-90 min Medium Queen's Park and Beyond, by Ginny Ayers 3.5 km 40-50 min Medium - some hills and stairs
Physical Activity Readiness QuestionnaireThe PAR-Q+ form screens physical activity readiness for everyone. Be sure you are ready for physical activity with this form.