Social Media Participant Use Policy
We welcome your comments and encourage respectful discussion, dialogue, and debate on our online engagement platforms. Please be aware that when engaging with the City of New Westminster on social media, you are agreeing to the following:
You are individually responsible for the content of your comments. We want all our users to be able to express their opinions freely and enter into informed and productive discussion. While we want this to be an open and honest forum, we also want posts to be courteous, to stay on topic, and not cause intimidation or offence; therefore, we reserve the right to delete posts that contain any of the following:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist posts, links, or images
- Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization or are bullying in nature
- Comments that are unrelated to the topic of the page or posts
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or not-for-profit organizations
- Comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
If repeated posts of the above nature are made by any individual, we retain the right to block that person from further activity on our page.
By posting on the City's social media channels, you agree to these terms and conditions. This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.