Barking Dogs

Dogs will bark from time to time. It becomes a concern if it is "continuous sound" which disturbs the quiet, peace, rest, comfort, convenience or enjoyment of the neighbourhood. Per our bylaw, “Continuous Sound” means any noise or sound continuing for a period of, or periods totaling, three minutes or more of any fifteen minute period.


If you wish to make a formal complaint about a dog owner allowing their dog to make continuous sound, please call us at 604-519-2008. We require the exact location (street address) of the offending dog, the time of day barking occurs, duration of barking, and a description of the dog.

When a barking complaint has been received, an Animal Services Officer will contact the owner and bring the matter to their attention.

You may be asked to keep a log of the barking/noise as evidence. Please note that more than one complainant (from different households) is required to keep a log, unless video/audio evidence is provided.