The City of New Westminster continues to offer programs and services in accordance with the BC Restart Plan, and follows all health protocols included in the plan.
Proof of Vaccination
Starting September 13, 2021, proof of vaccination will be required for entry to certain New Westminster facilities and programs.
Visitors aged 12 years and older will be required to show proof vaccination prior to entry at a City facility including:
- Indoor concerts, theatre and dance events with more than 50 people
- Rental clients booking spaces for organized indoor events with 50 or more participants for any purpose including ice sports, aquatics, meetings, socials, activities or banquets
- Indoor organized group events with 50 or more people, including weddings, organized parties, conferences, trade fairs and workshops
- Spectators at indoor youth sporting events with more than 50 people
Proof of vaccination will also be required for:
- Visitors aged 22 years and older when participating in adult fitness, physical activity and sports (swimming and skating excluded).
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for:
- Recreational activities and programs with less than 50 participants other than those which are considered adult sport, exercise, fitness or dance activities.
- Swimming pools (Canada Games Pool)
- Arenas when not being used for an event or adult sport (22 years and older) (Queen’s Park Arena and Moody Park Arena)
- Child and youth sport and recreational programs for those under the age of 22 years
- Parents attending a program to support their children
- Parents dropping off and picking up their children
- Spectators watching children and youth under age 22 in lessons
- Use of public washrooms
- Before and after school programs
- Teachers/instructors providing education activities with their students in City facilities
- Rehabilitation or exercise therapy programs
- Social services provided to people in need (e.g. civic shower program)
- For parents, attendants and support people acting in a service capacity
- Government activities and services
- Public libraries, museums, art galleries (unless they are the location of an event)
- Entry to City Hall, fire halls, the NWPD, and public areas at the animal shelter and the engineering operations works yard
- Q to Q Ferry
- Attendance at a public Council or advisory committee meeting.
We encourage all visitors to to get vaccinated and download their BC Vaccine Card to continue participation in our programs. For faster service, please arrive early and come prepared to show your vaccination QR code and photo ID. We will accept original vaccination cards as proof of vaccination until September 27, 2021.
In accordance with public health orders, as of August 25, 2021, masks are required in all indoor public settings for people 12 and older, regardless of vaccination status. These settings include:
People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask without the assistance of others are exempt. A person may not be able to wear a mask for a psychological, behavioural or health condition, or due to a physical, cognitive or mental impairment. Masks are encouraged for children aged two to 12 in public settings.
The Anvil Centre vaccination clinic is now closed.
All individuals 12+ register to get vaccinated by calling 1-833-838-2323 or booking online at gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.
For more information on local immunization clinics and COVID-19 vaccines, visit www.fraserhealth.ca/vaccine
Programs and Services
The City of New Westminster continues to provide all essential services, and many services and programs are available in a modified capacity. Programs will continue to be reintroduced in accordance with the BC Restart Plan.
All facilities are open at this time. Please familiarize yourself with Parks and Recreation protocols prior to visiting our facilities.
Translated information is available on the Province of BC website.