Drainage is the water runoff from rainfall, snowfall and snowmelt that is managed through the Municipal Sewerage and Drainage System. The drainage system consists of:
- storm sewer mains
- service connections
- drainage pump stations
- flow control devices
WHAT WE DO TO MAINTAIN DRAINAGE INFRASTRUCTURE
City crews maintain infrastructure by:
- Hydro flushing storm mains
- Inspecting culverts
- Removing debris and sediments from ditches and clearing street catch basins
- Inspecting and repairing drainage pumps
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAINTAIN DRAINAGE INFRASTRUCTURE
- Remove leaves from catch basins and ensure nothing is blocking it.
- Regularly inspect and clean your perimeter drainage system to ensure your system is working at full capacity. This includes checking open ditches and culverts along your property.
- Do not extend, narrow, or infill ditches and culverts without approval from the City Engineering Department.
- Do not pour restrictive or prohibited waste down catch basins. This includes paint, engine oil, pesticides, cleaners, or other chemicals. Catch basins are for rainwater only.
Account & Billing Inquiries: