Host An Event
If you are thinking of hosting a special event or gathering in New Westminster, there may be rules in place as our community works to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
A gathering could include: a festival, performance, wedding, episodic market, meeting, spiritual service, or other.
In defining City guidelines for gatherings, the following priorities have been considered;
- Prioritize highest the health and safety of the public and employees under COVID-19
- Maintain the City’s ability to be responsive to Provincial health orders
- Ensure economic viability and financial impact for both the City and the organization
- Find visionary and innovative ways to create opportunities for the community
- Prioritize based on meeting the needs of more than one user group
Please reference the following links for more information on COVID-19 regulations and guidelines.
- Gathering and Events Public Health Order: This Public Health Order mandates specific measures that must be in place for all gatherings and events. Please note that any gathering with more than 50 attendees for the purposes of an event are not permitted.
- Episodic Market Guidelines: Special provincial public health regulations exist for episodic markets and the BCCDC has outlined specific guidelines for markets.
- Risk Mitigation Tool for Mass Gatherings: This tool will assist you in mitigating and considering the different risks that are associated with events and gatherings.
- Performing Arts Guidelines: Currently, WorkSafeBC does not recommend busking outside of a controlled venue.