Host An Event
- Indigenous Day - went virtual!
- Canada Day - went virtual!
- New West Pride Day - went virtual!
- Recovery Day - went virtual!
- Remembrance Day - went virtual!
If you are thinking of hosting a special event or gathering in New Westminster, there may be rules in place as our community works to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
A gathering could include: a festival, performance, wedding, episodic market, meeting, spiritual service, or other.
In defining City guidelines for gatherings, the following priorities have been considered;
- Prioritize highest the health and safety of the public and employees under COVID-19
- Maintain the City’s ability to be responsive to Provincial health orders
- Ensure economic viability and financial impact for both the City and the organization
- Find visionary and innovative ways to create opportunities for the community
- Prioritize based on meeting the needs of more than one user group
Please reference the following links for more information on COVID-19 regulations and guidelines.
- Gathering and Events Public Health Order: This Public Health Order mandates specific measures that must be in place for all gatherings and events. Please note that this Public Health Order changes regularly.
- Episodic Market Guidelines: Special provincial public health regulations exist for episodic markets and the BCCDC has outlined specific guidelines for markets.
- Risk Mitigation Tool for Mass Gatherings: This tool will assist you in mitigating and considering the different risks that are associated with events and gatherings.
- Performing Arts Guidelines: Currently, WorkSafeBC does not recommend busking outside of a controlled venue.