Host An Event
Would you like to offer an event that will celebrate our city, lift community spirit, recognize loss or support our collective recovery as we move forward from the pandemic? We would like to hear from you. The City is looking forward to welcoming events back to the City as we slowly move out of the pandemic.
If you are thinking of hosting a special event or gathering in New Westminster, there may be rules in place as our community works to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. All new and evolving COVID-19 regulations and guidelines need to be carefully considered when planning an event.
A gathering could include: a festival, performance, wedding, episodic market, meeting, spiritual service, or other.
In defining City guidelines for gatherings, the following priorities have been considered;
- Prioritize highest the health and safety of the public and employees under COVID-19
- Maintain the City’s ability to be responsive to Provincial health orders
- Ensure economic viability and financial impact for both the City and the organization
- Find visionary and innovative ways to create opportunities for the community
- Prioritize based on meeting the needs of more than one user group
Please reference the following links for more information on COVID-19 regulations and guidelines.
- Gathering and Events Public Health Order: This Public Health Order mandates specific measures that must be in place for
allcertain gatherings and events. Please note that this Public Health Order changes regularly.
- WorkSafeBC Communicable Disease Prevention Plans: With Step 3 of the Restart Plan, there is a transition away from COVID-19 Safety Plans towards Communicable Disease Prevention Plans.