2024 School District By-Election
The by-election for School Board will take place on Saturday, February 3, 2024. New Westminster voters will elect 1 School Trustee for School District 40.
The Trustee will serve the balance of a four-year term from February 13, 2024 to November 2026.
Notice of nomination
Click here to view the Notice of Nomination.
Updated November 14, 2023
- Residents and Non-resident property electors can vote by mail. To request a vote by mail package, contact
- Voters may pre-register by adding their name to the Provincial Voters List or check their registration status here
- High school students who are 16 or 17 can pre-register as voters by adding their name to the Future Voters List
- Read the changes to the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act (LECFA) for the 2022 Municipal Election
- Campaign Signs must now be smaller. Section 11.6 of the City's Sign Bylaw was changed in 2020 to decrease the allowable size of election signs.
Campaign Signs can be set up after 4pm on January 8.
Vehicle signs, including car wraps, are not permitted under the Sign Bylaw.
|Candidate Information Session||6:00 p.m. December 18, 2023 at City Hall|
|Nomination Period||9:00 a.m. December 19 to 4:00 p.m. December 29, 2023|
|Campaign Period||January 6 to February 3, 2024|
|Declaration of Election||January 8, 2024 at 4:00 p.m.|
|Advance Voting Days||
January 24, 2024 (Queensborough Community Centre)
January 31, 2024 (Council Chamber, New Westminster City Hall)
|General Voting Day||February 3, 2024|