How to Apply For a City Committee
Applications must be received by the Legislative Services Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 9, 2018.
Please review thE volunteer committee vacancies prior to applying.
HOW TO APPLY for a City of New Westminster Board, Committee, Commission or Panel
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must not be employees of the City of New Westminster.
- Applicants must live in the City of New Westminster.
- Applicants should be able to serve for the full term of the appointment.
Time CommitmentTime requirements vary among the Committees, however, most meet once a month in the day or evening for two to three hours. Some Committees may meet less frequently. In general, Committees do not meet in July, August or December. View the 2018 Meeting Schedule
As these are volunteer positions, successful candidates serve without remuneration.
- Carefully review the description of the Board, Committee, Commission or Panel, and identify which ones interest you.
- Complete the application form online or download the community member application form. Please be as concise as possible when filling out your application.
- There is a separate form if you wish to represent an organization. The organization nomination form can also be completed online or downloaded.
- Attach a resume.
- Applications should be marked to the attention of the Committee Clerk.
How Appointments are Made
All appointments are made by City Council in January. Appointments are for one year terms, except where otherwise indicated. Terms are generally from February 1st of one year to January 31st of the next year.
All applicants will receive a letter from Legislative Services once the appointments have been made.
*Note: Copies of all applications will be made available to New Westminster City Council, civic staff and any applicable civic agencies (i.e. New Westminster Public Library), for the sole purpose of making appointments and communicating with the Boards, Committees, Commissions and Panels. Your information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for this purpose and for contacting appointed persons with information regarding meetings.