Integrated Stormwater Management Plan
ABOUT THE ISMP
The Metro Vancouver Integrated Liquid Waste Resource Management Plan requests that Integrated Stormwater Management Plans (ISMP) be completed for each watershed within Metro Vancouver.
An ISMP is also important to the City to:
- Reduce the volume of water in our sewers to reduce combined sewer overflows and flooding;
- Strive for high-quality water to protect our receiving waters;
- Return rainwater where possible to natural watershed pathways using best management practices such as rain gardens, absorbent soils, and landscapes;
- Raise awareness of the importance of stormwater management in New Westminster including innovative tools to help our city become a resilient community in the face of climate change.
The New Westminster Citywide Integrated Stormwater Management Plan (ISMP) was presented to City Council in May 2017 meeting. Council supported the adoption of the New Westminster ISMP plan including Green Infrastructure tools and design guidelines for implementation on public and private property throughout the City.
Implementing Green Infrastructure will improve water quality to protect the environment, support recreational water use, and meet current and emerging regulatory requirements.
NEW WESTMINSTER ISMP
Integrated Stormwater Management Plan Volume 1
Integrated Stormwater Management Plan Volume 2
Questions about the ISMP?
For more information, please contact George Otieno, Project Engineer at 604-515-3802 or
- Queens Park Rain Garden
- City Hall Rain Garden
- Upcoming Projects
- Agnes Street and Blackwood Street (Agnes Greenway)
- 5th Street and 8th Avenue Curb Extensions and Crossing Improvements