Financial Survival Kit
Need Help with Taxes?
- Click here for 2023 Community Income Tax Clinics for New Westminster.
Bad Debt – Pay Day Loans and Collection
- In trouble with pay day loans, taxes, debt, or making ends meet? Book a one to one appointment with a financial coach at Family Services of Greater Vancouver.
- The Credit Counselling Society also offers credit counselling, budgeting help and debt consolidation options.
- Alternatives to pay day loans
Past Due Utility Bills
- The New Westminster Rent Bank provides loans for utilities.
- The Seniors Services Society Seniors Loan Program offers loans for utility payments.
Food – How to Access Food Supports
- The Survival Guide provides information related to meeting basic needs, including emergency shelter, drop-in, food and health services.
- The Fraser Health Authority also has a listing of low cost food options.
Rent – Emergency Funds to Pay Rent
- The New Westminster Rent Bank provides loans for rent.
- The Seniors Services Society Loan Program provides loans for damage deposits and rent for seniors.
- The Spirit of the Children Society offers a homelessness prevention program that can assist with housing costs for Indigenous persons.
Ongoing Rent Support
- BC Housing Rental Assistance Program (RAP) supports low income families to pay rent.
- Lower income seniors renting in the private market may be eligible for a rent supplement through SAFER.
- To book a free one-on-one financial coaching appointment
- To access a list of free Financial Empowerment workshops being offered