Financial Survival Kit
Bad Debt – Pay Day Loans and Collection
- In trouble with pay day loans, taxes, debt, or making ends meet? Book a one to one appointment with a financial coach at Family Services of Greater Vancouver.
- The Credit Counselling Society also offers credit counselling, budgeting help and debt consolidation options.
- Alternatives to pay day loans
Past Due Utility Bills
- The New Westminster Rent Bank provides loans for utilities.
- The Seniors Services Society Seniors Loan Program offers loans for utility payments.
Benefit – Cut Off
Food – How to Access Food Supports
- The City of New Westminster’s Community Services Asset Map lists food programs in New Westminster.
- The Fraser Health Authority also has a listing of low cost food options.
Rent – Emergency Funds to Pay Rent
- The New Westminster Rent Bank provides loans for rent.
- The Seniors Services Society Loan Program provides loans for damage deposits and rent for seniors.
- The Spirit of the Children Society offers a homelessness prevention program that can assist with housing costs for Indigenous persons.
Ongoing Rent Support
- BC Housing Rental Assistance supports low income people to pay rent.
- Lower income seniors renting in the private market may be eligible for a rent supplement through SAFER.