Please note the provincial public health office is responsible for making the public health orders and the City’s COVID-19 response is guided by their information.  
If there is a concern related to COVID-19 compliance with a business or public space within the City, please call the Fraser Health Protection Office at 604-777-6740, or file a business complaint online

Reporting Large Gatherings

Municipal Bylaw Enforcement Officers can investigate concerns but do not have the power to issue tickets for large gatherings. If appropriate, reports will be referred to the NWPD for further investigation. To report a large gathering after hours or on weekends, please contact the New Westminster Police non-emergency line directly at 604-525-5411.

For concerns involving nuisance behaviour in a park such as drinking alcohol or a noisy house party, please contact New Westminster Police directly at 604-525-5411 (non-emergency) or 9-1-1 if required. 

For concerns related to transit, please refer directly to Translink.

For concerns about vehicles observed with foreign license plates, please contact the Canadian Border Services Authority directly at 1-888-502-9060.

As businesses re-open in phase 2 and 3 of the BC Restart Plan, WorkSafeBC is responsible to developing guidelines to assist them. Numerous sectors have guidelines specific to them. You can review those by visiting WorkSafeBC.

If you are a New Westminster business, we recommend visiting the reopening section on our COVID-19 Business Resource Page.
City facilities and parks are in various stages of re-opening. Please visit our reopening plan page to review their current status.