What You Can Do
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
If you think you may have symptoms of coronavirus, call 8-1-1 for an assessment. The Public Health Agency of Canada has created a toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) to answer questions from Canadians about novel coronavirus.
Visit the health agency websites listed below for accurate and up-to-date information. They also offer the information translated into other languages. please visit the following websites: