What to know
Due to Provincial Health Orders, facility visits look different than they did before COVID-19. This information is intended to prepare you for your next visit.
- Advanced Booking is Required to ensure everyone can participation safely.
- Wear a Mask. Masks are mandatory upon in all common areas of recreation facilities and may be required during participation in your activity. Update: adult fitness services require masks while participating.
- Keep Your Distance. Physical distancing of 2 metres is required at all times, and 2.5 metres is required while exercising.
- No Spectators. Unless you are a designated support person, for a specific service or situation, you are not permitted to stay in the recreation centre and watch activities.
- Arrive Dressed & Prepared to Participate. Please come dressed with a prefilled water bottle, mat, towel, and any other items you need for your visit. Change room, washroom and shower availability will be limited or unavailable. (See Service Updates).
- Be Prompt. Arrive 5-10 minutes in advance of your booking and not earlier.
- Sanitize Hands Upon Entry. All must use sanitizer upon entry to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
- Healthy Screening Questionnaire. Completion of a COVID-19 health screening is required to participate. If you feel unwell, please stay home.
- Follow All Signage & Staff Direction. Signage will help you find your way around facilities safely and understand new rules. Please follow staff direction. We appreciate your patience and attention.
- Leave Valuables at Home. Lockers are not available. Storage bins will be assigned to you and are not locked or monitored.
- Limit Your Visit. Be prompt and exit the facility after your activity has finished so that staff can sanitize spaces and equipment and prepare for the next group of participants.
- Back to Back Bookings. If you have back to back bookings, you will be required to exit the building and re-enter for your second booking.
- Call to Cancel. Refunds will be issued for reserve drop-in cancelations 24+ hours in advance. Registered program cancelations require 7+ days advance notice. No-shows will be tracked and failure to cancel may result in revoked privileges. Refunds related to registered programs and private lessons are subject to withdrawal or cancelation fees. No refunds are issued for Day Camps with less than five days’ notice.
- Let us know. We understand that your schedule may change and that you cannot always use your Reserved Drop-in purchase. If this happens, please let us know! It could mean that you qualify for, and receive, a refund AND someone else on a waitlist can participate. Due to the COVID-19 safety requirements, we have limited Reserved Drop-in opportunities. Please help us make use of every spot to everyone’s benefit.
Correct Online Account Information. Clients must enter correct and accurate family account information online. If inaccurate account details are entered online the accounts will be deleted or suspended and the client may be subject to fines or lose the ability to participate in Parks and Recreation services.