New Westminster Parks and Recreation is required to enforce the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) orders for proof of vaccination designed to support public safety and reduce the transmission of COVID-19, effective October 25, 2021. These orders are subject to change and we will communicate updates as quickly as possible.
Proof of vaccination (2 doses) is required for:
- Participants (12+ years) of multigenerational services such as public skating, group fitness classes and fitness centres
- Spectators (12+ years) of sports and recreation programs and services
- Parents and guardians (19+ years) assisting, watching or participating in Parks and Recreation services for children and youth, including programs requiring parent participation
- Members of the public (22+ years) entering a recreation facility for any reason
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for:
- Children 0 - 12 years
- Participants (12 - 21 years) in child and youth sport and recreational programs (e.g. lessons, art classes, parent & tot programs etc.), including programs requiring parent participation
- Parents in parenting education programs or breast feeding programs
Please Have Ready:
- Valid government issued photo identification (i.e. driver’s license)
- Accepted proof of vaccination; and possibly your
- Proof of age to determine if you are 12+ years of age to determine if you included or exempt from the Order.
Accepted Proof of Vaccination Options
- Your BC Services App & Health Gateway open to your vaccination status and QR code on your mobile device.
- RECOMMENDED A saved screen shot of your BC Vaccine Card with QR Code on your mobile device.
- A Province issued paper version of your BC Vaccine Card with your name, vaccination status.
What if I do not have my Identification and/or Proof of Vaccination? Unfortunately staff will not be able to admit you into the recreation facility.
How long will the proof of vaccination take? Extra staff have been added to admit you into our recreation centres as quickly as we can. Even with extra staff and planning, it may take longer for you to get admitted so please plan accordingly and arrive 5 - 10 minutes earlier for a registered program or scheduled drop-in visit.
What if my vaccine records are wrong? Call the Province at 1-833-838-2323 seven days a week, 7 am to 7 pm (translators are available) to get your records updated.
How do I get a BC Vaccinne Card? Visit gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard
We appreciate your support, patience and understanding!