In response to public health orders issued on December 21, 2021, we are making adjustments to our recreation operations effective at 11:59 pm December 22, 2021 until January 18, 2022 at midnight, or when otherwise changed by the Provincial Health Officer.
- Fitness Centres at Century House, Queensborough Community Centre and Youth Centre are closed.
- Group fitness classes are cancelled. Cancelled drop-in classes will be refunded. Start dates for registered weekly services scheduled to start in January will be postponed.
- Adult dance classes are cancelled.
- Childminding at Centennial Community Centre is cancelled.
- All indoor gatherings such as meetings, weddings, receptions and funerals are cancelled.
- Sports tournaments (indoor and outdoor) are cancelled.
- Seated events are reduced to 50% capacity.
- Drop-in skating now requires reservation and capacities will be reduced, see newwestcity.ca/skating.
- ActivePass memberships will be placed on hold. When memberships are reactivated, you will receive an extension for the number of days the pass was on hold.
- Skating lessons have not changed. Drop-in skating schedules have not changed but now required reservation and capacity will be reduced, see newwestcity.ca/skating.
- Preschool, Children and Youth programs and activities have not changed.
- Recreational activities such as gymnastics, trampoline, arts, crafts, music, drop-in sports have not changed.
If you are registered in an affected program, or have rental booking, you will be contacted with program-specific information shortly.
Hours of Operation may have changed. Please visit newwestcity.ca/facilities for up-to-date hours.
Stay up-to-date. As changes to public health orders are updated we will change and adapt our services. For information regarding public health orders, including mask & proof of vaccination requirements, please visit: newwestcity.ca/what-to-know
We thank you for your understanding!